Placemats & Coasters
Are your coasters looking dull and grey, have your placemats got oily spots that you can't get out? Well there's no need to throw them out, read on to find out how to bring them back to life.
To revitalise your bamboo placemats and coasters you will need:
- Warm water
- Mild detergent (laundry detergent will do)
- Oil or Wax (I use IKEA's wood oil here)
- Put mats in warm soapy water and gently wash them down completely ensuring that all stains and rings have been washed away
- Place in a warm well ventilated place to dry thouroughly
- When dry check for any staining and repeat first steps as necessary
- When fully clean and fully dry they can be oiled or waxed
- When oiling or waxing use as little as possible and build up layers. I generally put two coats on allowing a day between for the bamboo to soak up each coat
And that's it, new placemats and coasters! Well done you, time for a break, eh? :)
There are no products to list in this category.
Please Study the about us section and continue with this form
By Appointment Only.
Please be advised, we may be on site at any given time so please call ahead and arrange an appointment.
By creating an account you will be able to shop faster, be up to date on an order's status, and keep track of the orders you have previously made.